Saturday, February 25, 2006

Positive Adoption Story

I was just channel surfing. DH had to work all day today -- and won't be home for another few hours. I don't usually surf channel by channel (you know, those pesky up and down keys), but I was bored enough to do just that.

As I reached VH1, which I habitually just jump over, the word "Adoption" flashed on the screen.

Of course, me, being me, had to stop.

And I am SO glad I did. DMC from the hip-hop group Run DMC found out at the age of 35 that he was adopted at birth. This was a documentary of his journey to understand, accept, and find his birth mother.

What an amazing story. You can find it at VH1 under ROCK DOCS. I'm sure they're going to replay it a million times, and they really need to.

I won't spill the beans and spoil it, but I will say that this was a journey that will raise the awareness of adoption quite a few notches.

Also, be sure to watch the video/listen to the song he recored with Sarah McLaughlin. They re-made "Cats in the Cradle", and its got a whole new meaning.

Thank you, Darryl. Your story is precious.

No comments: