Saturday, August 15, 2009

Continuing the Saga

So I got my original birth certificate in the mail. I now know what my original name is. Thank you parents for changing it. Seriously. My time of birth is on there, too.

So is my birth mothers name.

I contacted an intermediary who got in contact with my birth mother. I wanted to respect her space and her life as much as possible.

It took a couple of weeks to finally connect with her. But the bottom line is: she wants no contact. I'm not upset. Resigned, but not upset. It also doesn't mean that I can't contact my half brother and sister in a decade or so. I now know who they are and where they are.

Emotions? Honestly, since I've known that I've always been adopted, I had very few emotions about it. I've accepted long ago who I am and who my real parents are. This woman may have given birth to me but honestly, I was only interested in finding out weird things like: who to blame for my insanely thick and curly hair.

I have my family here. My fabulous husband and cute and sassy son. I have parents that are wonderful and a sister who is crazy (in a good way). I have an extended family that is amazing. There's SOO many of them.

She didn't answer the questions I had, but maybe someday I'll get the answers.

No comments: