Tuesday, December 07, 2004

We did it!

We picked an agency, filled out the application, and sent in our first check.

See, I've got at least this part figured out. They charge you a tiny (comparably) application fee to make sure you're interested enough to learn more, and then they get you with the Dossier Fee that chokes you because its close to a month and a half's salary.

So with the first $150 sent off to the agency (what I'm referring to at home as, "the tease") I've decided it is now time to call my banker back and cajole the loan approval out of him.

Yesterday, I dropped our preliminary immigration paperwork in the mail. Soon, we will receive a date for the appointment and get to take a day off of work to drive to the next big city (because we don't live in one??) to be fingerprinted.

Homestudy happens some Tuesday in January. More money needed for that.

I have a feeling that this is just the beginning of our adventure into a life of poverty. HAH! Totally kidding here, folks. Ok, maybe the poverty will only last 5 years or so. :)

1 comment:

bethee said...

Thanks for the heads up!! :)