Friday, January 14, 2005

I promise ...

To my children:

I promise to love you with all my heart and soul.
I promise to dry your tears of pain, frustration, and anger.
I promise to let you be children as long as possible.
I promise not to compare you to each other.
I promise to celebrate individuality, diversity, and independence.
I promise to provide you what you need, not necessarily what you want.
I promise our home will be filled with love, laughter and light.
I promise that Daddy’s addiction to video games will not hamper “family time.”
I promise to be realistic and honest.
I promise I will kiss your “boo boo” and make it better.
I promise to stand behind you and support you.
I promise to let you fight your own fights.
I promise not to make my daughter wear frilly pink socks.
I promise not to make my son wear a cap with a propeller on it.

I promise I will be the best mother to you both I can possibly be.
I love you already.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

You may not *make* your daughter wear frilly pink socks if she doesn't want to, but I guarantee you'll put them on her at least once. It is impossible to resist, they're so cute! :-)