Friday, April 01, 2005

And now ...

... back to our regularly scheduled topic! ADOPTION!

Things have been really quiet around here regarding the adoption. We're taking our time getting settled and trying to tie up several loose ends back in Texas.

The sad thing about the move is that it is delaying the adoption. And not by a little. We're having to re-do our homestudy (they're calling it an update), and 99% of our paperwork.

The good news is that I've found a job! I've only been out of work a few weeks, and I'm back in the saddle. Very cool. What this means is that once we sell the house in Texas, we'll be able to recover financially much faster than originally anticipated, and we'll be able to get into the house and bring the kids home much faster! YAY

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you have to redo the homestudy and all... that really sucks. Congrats on the job! How do you like the Northeast? Enjoying it yet? All of this snow/rain/muck does get better... I promise!
-Erin
(ladystargazer@hotmail.com)

TigerJen said...

Congrats on finding a job! I hope it is one you will enjoy.

I'm saddened that you will have to redo so much for the adoption to occurr. I was wondering how that would go.