Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Job

So things aren't progressing as well as they could here in Next Step land. This job was supposed to start this past Monday, but due to a mis-communication error, I now start one week later.

Ok, no problem. I get a week of errands and the baby registry (and maybe a facial) out of the way.

Yesterday I got the news that because I'm going to be direct-contracting with this company I need all kinds of crazy insurance. Insurance I just cannot and do not want to afford.

Can we all say, Monkey Wrench?

So I'm carrying my cell everywhere, hoping that something can be done by this coming Monday.

If nothing comes through, I'll be on unemployment. It sucks, but while I'm looking for another option, I don't have any other choice.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I hope it works out for you. I don't know why kind of insurance you need for work (liability or whatever) but I know paying for my own health insurance sucks!

A Room to Grow said...

health insurance is one thing keeping me a my job. right now we can't get private insurance due to eye surgery i had last summer & my company provides pretty good benefits. but it's a stressful job. there are trade-offs everywhere in life, isn't there?