Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Reasons

The last blog post seems to have hit a nerve. Usually my posts get under 10 people reading it. This time, I'm over 100 and climbing.

So, welcome! to the new blog readers that have come back. I thought I'd give you a little introduction to the reason why people keep asking me how I find jobs.

My family and I have moved alot in the past few years. In the past three years, we've moved five times. I'll let that sink in. Five. Austin. Boston. China. Los Angeles. And now, San Diego. None of them were small moves. All of them with a small child, gimpy dog, and geriatric cat in tow. Except the China move. The geriatric cat stayed behind and the dog hadn't joined us, yet.

But the reason why people ask me how I find jobs is this: We move to an area, and within six weeks (and I'm being generous here) I have a job offer in hand. Usually I do not have any professional contacts in that city. I sit down and get to work finding a job. I detailed the methodology in my prior post for those new comers.

So, welcome! Take a look around. I will be posting more about my job searches in the near future, so come back soon!

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: